President Ezra Taft Benson has offered ten specific suggestions for mothers as they guide their precious children:
1. Take time to always be at the crossroads in the lives of your children, whether they be six or sixteen.
2. Take time to be a real friend to your children.
3. Take time to read to your children.
4. Take time to pray with your children.
5. Take time to have a meaningful weekly home evening.
6. Take time to be together at mealtimes as often as possible.
7. Take time daily to read the scriptures together as a family.
8. Take time to do things together as a family.
9. Take time to teach your children.
10. Take time to truly love your children.
President Ezra Taft Benson has offered ten specific suggestions for fathers:
1. Give father’s blessings to your children.
2. Personally direct family prayers, daily scripture reading, and weekly family home evenings.
3. Whenever possible, attend Church meetings together as a family.
4. Go on daddy-daughter dates and father-and-sons’ outings with your children.
5. Build traditions of family vacations and trips and outings.
6. Have regular one-on-one visits with your children.
7. Teach your children to work, and show them the value of working toward a worthy goal.
8. Encourage good music and art and literature in your homes.
9. As distances allow, regularly attend the temple with your wife.
10. Have your children see your joy and satisfaction in service to the Church.